"You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."-1 Corinthians 16:20

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Taking the first steps...

So, I'm not really sure what this blog is going to look like. I know that I don't want some boring list of what I ate for the day, what exercise I got, my weight and measurements, etc. I'm not a big recipe person, so I probably won't post a lot of that stuff.  And I am definitely not any sort of weight loss expert, so I don't want to give a bunch of advice.
 
I think mostly, I just want to share my real-life journey-my goals, my successes, my failures, my inspiration. I just want to be real and hopefully help someone else who is walking this same road. Because doing it together is so much better than trying to walk it alone.
 
I was trying to find a verse or a quote for this post and was having trouble thinking of one. Then I remembered this one
 
I like plans and I like schedules. So, when I think of taking a journey, I think of getting out the map, planning the route, figuring out how long it will take to get there, and the stops along the way. Then, once everything is mapped out and prepared, you can head out with assurance that you are going the right direction and will end up where you were wanting to go.
 
So, I started looking for a cute little picture with that quote on it. But, before I found one, God sent me this instead
 
 
This journey that I'm beginning now isn't going to be easily mapped out and planned ahead. I know some of the things that I need to do to help me along the way, but honestly, I don't really know where I'm headed. And that is SO SCARY for me! The fear of the unknown has held me back for so long from beginning this journey. But, no more!
 
I may not be able to see the whole staircase or even where it leads, but I do know the One who made the stairs. And as He shows me each new step, I will follow Him.

"In all your ways submit to him,    and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:6

No comments:

Post a Comment